in the season of the night
a novella by rupert wates
REVIEWS: "Wates writes with a boldness and brutality that is sometimes difficult but always interesting and always worth the time. It's a short novella and I read it in one sitting because I couldn't put it down" (Dani, Amazon customer)
city of lights
five short stories of paris by rupert wates
City of Lights: Five Short Stories of Paris evokes the taste of Paris.
- In Outsiders, on a trip to a monument on the outskirts of Paris, a dark chapter of the city’s past is brought to life.
- In The Naming Game, a jaded writer buys sex to recover the source of his inspiration.
- Monsieur Angeli is a story of two apartments, a divorce and a funeral.
- Wankers is about a visit to the Museum Of Erotic Art which brings home the voyeuristic nature of all writing.
- One Night Only concerns the adventures of a lonely night porter.
"I loved this book of short stories...short, but definitely worth a read. Or two." (CM Foust, FL 5 Stars)
"A thoroughly enjoyable read, cover to cover." (C. Howard, NY 5 Stars)
"A classy book from a classy guy. Very well written." (C. Xavier, PA 3 Stars)
"A wonderful read...Spare yet very satisfying." (Linda, NJ, 5 Stars)